Thursday, 25 June 2015

Lost in Beautiful Venice

vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk-Beautiful Venice on Water
Venice from the Water...
Okay, can we all just take a moment to admire this place? I could gaze all day long! Last October, I literally visited one of the most beautiful cities I have ever laid my eyes upon, beautiful Venice in the soul of Italy. Visiting Venice is possibly every dedicated wanderlust's goal and I have honestly never felt so fortunate in my life. It is truly a city of captivating mysterious beauty, every street is cobbled, some silent, others crowded with unknown people, living the lifestyle we could only dream about. I could happily get lost in the ornate like film set that's suspended on water for endless hours. If you ever get the opportunity to visit, do jump at the chance. I got the opportunity to travel there with such amazing friends and being immersed into its thick city walls was a total dream come true.

vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk-Breathtaking Venice Canals and Tower
Simply Breathtaking. 
I could honestly bubble on for another few pages and a half simply describing the place, but I think I will just let the photos speak for themselves. I took a lot of photos, and just looking back at them makes me want to buy a plane ticket and fly straight back into Venice's loving arms. It is after all well known for its romance! Although, I must admit, the only romance I experienced on my visit was with its very large supply of ice cream... Ah, I do dig a good scoop of coconut cream!

Venice has lots of architecture and I mean, beautiful buildings?Surrounding depths of glistening water? A photographers dream! There was so many quirky allies, and I just loved that each building was constantly entwined in endless canals!
vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk-St Marco Square and Friends on Tower
Beautiful Places with Beautiful People. 
 One thing I did notice however, was that all the smaller buildings seemed ... dead. They all seemed to be crumbling and nobody seemed to live in them. It just felt odd, that these were people's homes, yet they weren't very homely. They just looked empty and lost. Venice will always be stunning and captivating but I only visited for the day. Yet, I feel like that was enough. Venice seems like a place you can't really stay the night because you don't wish to intrude, but also, there doesn't seem much else to do. In some places it felt too crowded and overwhelming, like in and around the Rialto bridge. Don't get me wrong, I completely adored the city but I feel like Venice has so much going on that nobody knows or cares who you are. It didn't have that friendly tourist vibe and something I really adore about traveling, is getting to know the people and their culture. 
vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk-Views from Rialto Bridge
Views from the Famous Rialto Bridge. 
When I visited Italy, I feel comfortable that we did it right! We stayed out in an amazing location surrounding Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy, and only visited Venice for the day. We got a good taste of the city, without overdosing on it and I think this way I appreciated it more. Although I do wish I could have had the time to explore the restaurants and the cute little cafes, I don't regret anything about the trip. 

vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk-Venezia Venice Italien Sunset
Venezia Sunset.
Visiting Venice should be high on everybody's bucket lists, it was truly an experience of a life time and one I will never forget.
vvibrantsunset.blogspot.co.uk-Holly Signature Pink Handwriting

42 comments:

  1. I'd love to visit Venice, your photos look so good!
    Sounds like a day trip is a good way to do it :)

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to visit again too, but yes, I think the Day Trip way is the way to go! :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures, I love all the canals and pretty architecture! Italy is definitely on my list of places I want to visit! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Italy is truly amazing! I love how its just so unique and pretty, I hope you visit one day too! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I've been there and it's prettier than any picture could show! Love your blog, keep up the good work :)

    Check out my tips for a great minimalist style on www.quitealooker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% Agree! It is a place worth seeing with your own two eyes than through a computer screen :) & Thank you!!

      Delete
  4. Venice is amazing. I've been there two times now and it is magical every time :)
    xx Alina
    thelittlediamonds.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to visit again, I doubt its views will ever dim! :) x

      Delete
  5. It looks beautiful! I am hoping to visit Italy and hopefully Venice next year for my 16th Birthday!
    - Ellie Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited with school with the girls hockey team and the boys rugby team as we were on a sports tour ;) Although it was fun, we were restricted with what we could do for obvious reasons haha, but for you it would be different, I hope you do get to go!! xx

      Delete
  6. I hope I can visit Venice one day! This post make Venice looks even more beautiful! Thx for sharing!!!

    I am a travelling blogger and recently in Wales so pls feel free to check out my blog and let me know how you think

    xx

    alheaology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog by the way, the pictures are stunning x I left a comment over there too though! :)

      Delete
  7. Venice is so beautiful! I love all the pictures you took! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment on my blog.
    Amazing blog ! Great pictures, and probably great memories . I would like to once also visit Venice. From today, I follow you :) I'll be back . If you have a minute I invite you again to me :)
    P.S. Sorry for my English.
    http://monic-lifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never apologise for your English, it is great!! You are very welcome and thank you so much! It means a lot :) I promise to be back again soon! :) x

      Delete
  9. Your pictures brought me back to beautiful Venice! I got that "abandoned" feeling there as well.. And I asked around and people said that the majority of Venetians had to leave because they couldn't cope with the cost of living there and properly providing for their families, so a lot of them left.. Such a shame because it's one of the most beautiful (albeit expensive and pricey) places ever! Lovely post sweetheart! xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that is truly awful but make sense. Apparently also, as Venice floods quite bad, all the people who do still live there must live in the upper parts of the house, so their belongings don't get destroyed! I suppose this isn't a suitable environment to bring up a family! Thank you so much! xxx

      Delete
  10. I wish I was in venice!

    http://www.spencrescurls.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to visit venice, it seems stunning! Glad you had a lovely time.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope one day you get to go too! :) x

      Delete
  12. Such lovely pictures! Venice looks beautiful, I'd love to visit some day! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It truly is amazing, I hope you do visit someday! x

      Delete
  13. Wow, Venice is absolutely splendid, I love your photos.

    besos,
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Post. Lovely Blog. Really loving your blog.
    xxx Keep in touch
    Beautydrugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing post dear!
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice post :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! I would love to visit again too, but yes, I think the Day Trip way is the way to go! :)
    Lovely Read!
    New Blogsite: http://actressgalleryhd.weebly.com/
    New Blogsite: http://actressesphotogallery.weebly.com/
    http://toptrends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never been, but it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos don't do it enough justice!x

      Delete
  19. Nice post! Looking at your post makes me reminisce my trip to Italy last summer. Definitely visit Palazzo Ducale next time if you haven't been. :)

    https://sartorialisttoujours.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I haven't! Thank you for the tip, I love exploring new places! x

      Delete
  20. Such an honest and open post. I have friends who have also said the same thing about Venice, beautiful but something is lacking...Great pictures

    R

    www.whosfordinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Venice is such a dreamy city - it does seem unreal. One thing I enjoyed there was walking away from the tourist areas (actually, I enjoy that wherever I go) and finding a small shop to buy some food and then sitting in a tiny park in a residential area. Your pictures are beautiful, and now I want to go back to Venice - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I stayed in Venice for a couple days last November. it changed me forever....the most amazing place. I teared up as we rode the boat in and teared up riding the boat put at sunset. If you ever get to stay there, we loved the little Marriott Boutique hotel we found.

    ReplyDelete