Thursday, 2 July 2015

Taylor Swift #1989TourDublin



I am currently suffering from post concert traumatic stress. It is extremely severe, contagious and very very real. Trust me, my family didn't even go to the concert but I can tell they are distressed by me replaying every Taylor Swift song on the 1989 album, either they are sharing my pain or they are just sick of hearing me emotionally cry out the lyrics to "Wildest Dreams". I swear, I literally spent the majority of yesterday having an emotional breakdown, I just miss it so much! On Tuesday, I saw Taylor Swift in Dublin, Ireland on her 1989 World Tour! It was her second night playing in Dublin but her last night playing on her European tour. It was completely utterly amazing, exciting and breathtaking. The sold out concert was understandably sold out for a reason!


En Route to Dublin
Even her supporting act Vance Joy was off the charts. I went in having a low expectation of him. I've always loved his music but I just didn't think his voice or his acoustic sound would be thrilling live. However, I was proved wrong, he was honestly perfect! He has such a stunning voice and he did an amazing job warming up the show for Taylor. Not that she needed the crowd to be warmed up, they were crazy and out of control as soon as we arrived! I went with my friend Emma, who is the ultimate Taylor Swift fan, so she kind of put me to shame when it came to singing the lyrics from the new album but I did give it my very best shot and by the end of the night my voice had practically vanished. I think even if you are not a huge fan of Taylor Swift, you would still have enjoyed the concert. It had such a variety, from crazy dancing, to rock versions of old songs to beautiful ballads that could honestly make you cry. I just truly loved everything!
Being in the 3Arena (On the hottest day of the year might I add!) did take its tolls! There was no air conditioning and a few people even fainted from the heat. It was VERY hot and I think even Taylor as the performer was struggling, yet she still managed to put on an amazing show with a smile on her face. Despite the heat, it was so nice to just sit back, let my hair down and have fun! Her dancers and musicians were all so talented and the whole concert pieced together so well.
Watching her concert made me realise she is so much more than the infamously spoilt pop princess which I had always originally assumed. You know, just someone who gets fun from dating guys and breaking up with them just so she has inspiration to write her next song. Although many of her songs are about break ups, many of them are also about magical moments and romance. Some of the things she said in her concert could be seen as simply "filling in time" but it honestly wasn't. She spoke about so many different topics, so briefly yet they meant so much. She spoke about how everyone in the room turns to music during hardship, how we all need to learn to let our worries and painful experiences go every once in a while and just enjoy and live in the moment and how the world would be a better place if we learnt to give straight answers. No more telling others "maybe" or "I don't know". We need to either take the moments we are handed to us with a yes or turn them away with a no, because if we don't make the decision fast enough, those special moments will have past, simply because we let them linger on too long. Looking around the arena, there were so many young girls there with their parents. It made me so pleased that they have an inspiration and role model like Taylor Swift, despite the image the press paint of her, I truly believe she follows some true morals and her confidence is something many girls could find comfort in.

Obviously, many people don't go to the concert just because they find Taylor an inspiration, it's her music that many people were eager to her. I am so pleased to say her voice was utterly stunning! I don't want to ruin the tour for anybody else who may be going but one of the most amazing moments of the whole night was when Taylor sang an acoustic ballad version of "Holy Ground" from the RED album. Taylor's RED Tour didn't come to Ireland and as it was the last night of the European leg, she wanted to do something a bit different. She honestly blessed us with such beauty. I personally wasn't very familiar with the song but it didn't even matter. The lyrics were easy to sing along to and it was a truly magical moment. The whole room was lit up like stars and the lyrics were just echoed throughout the arena. It was one of those moments where you had to sit back and just admire what was right before your eyes. I've never been to concert that had ever properly done that to me before. It was simply breathtaking.



There is nothing I would give to take away the memory of that concert. As I said in my first blog post, this summer I have really been trying to immerse myself in each moment given to me. I know it sounds soppy down on paper but it's so true. I didn't take many photos of the concert and I only briefly recorded one song for you guys. It doesn't matter that I don't have those visuals to look back on because everything I need will always stay with me and that makes me feel more than simply content!


I hope you have all had that amazing experience of a concert and if not, I hope one day you will because it's something we all should be able to connect with! 







P.S, I want to just send lots of love to all of you who have supported this blog so far, it means so much to me! You are all truly wonderful! x

34 comments:

  1. Oh wow it sounds like an amazing experience! It's so wonderful that all the girls were with their parents, I really love that a lot. Taylor really is the voice of our generation, I love her music, especially her more recent sound. Fantastic post sweetheart! xxxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! Thank you soo much! x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE T-SWIZZLE! I'm going to see her concert in two weeks so I didn't read much of this cause I don't want any spoilers but her tour must have been amazing if you had so much to say about it! I'M SO EXCITED AHH!

    http://www.spencrescurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purposely didn't write about any spoilers for you but I understand your concern hahahaha. IT WAS AMAZING! You are going to have a blast, take me with you again? Please?;) xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Me too!! She is honestly the best live! x

      Delete
  4. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!


    This was the perfect Thursday evening read, thank you!

    Bio-Oil’s New Body Confidence Campaign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me Too!! Thank you! You are very welcome! x

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading this :) Sounds like you had a really amazing time! x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! I really really did! x

      Delete
  6. seems like you had a great time holly! and again, how can you not with taylor swift? :)

    theleeday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good and exactly, she has something for everyone! :) x

      Delete
  7. I am really, really REALLY jealous you got to see Taylor Swift! (I say this as a secret Swiftie...) It looks like you had an amazing time! Wow!

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Everyone has some swifty in their hearts ;) x

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you had an amazing time at the concert, although I hate having concert Blues afterwards - I'm still suffering from Glasto blues after glastonbury last weekend!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous of you right now ;) Glastonbury is my dream! One Day, one day! x

      Delete
  9. Wow, sounds like you had an amazing time!
    I am super jealous, Taylor Swift is so amazing.
    I must book next time!!!

    http://sergeinthecity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I believe Tickets are pretty hard to get your hands on though, so make sure you get in there first but it is honestly totally worth it! x

      Delete
  10. I'm so pleased you had an amazing time!
    I hate it after you have done something and miss it! Keep the music playing and sing!

    fixmeinfortyfivex.blogspot.co.uk - A Beauty & Lifestyle Blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the music on replay since I left hahaha! It's the only way to go! x

      Delete
  11. Oh man I'm so jealous! I'm listening to ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS ARE WE OUT OF THE WOODS now. I don't generally like mainstream music but somehow Taytay is like my dirty little secret. I think she's amazing and I find it quite amusing how she has many break-ups and writes about them. I think the video to Blank Space really highlights how she doesn't take herself too seriously with it all and can laugh about it.

    I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omw, I too am listening to Out of The Woods hahaha, You are the same as me, I'm quite fond of music I find by unknown people. There is something so special of knowing a song not many people know, however I made the exception for Taylor as I was going to see her! I completely fell in love with her tbh. She is pretty amazing xx

      Delete
  12. her shows seem like a lot of fun, glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its super worth getting some tickets! x

      Delete
  13. Looks like you had a great time! I would love to go see Taylor Swift live. Brilliant blog post.

    - Ellie Xx

    @thatweirdoellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope one day you get to go! It was so much fun! Thank you x

      Delete
  14. I have seen Taylor in concert years ago, she was amazing! She has come such a long way since then I would love to see her again!
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination
    Btw check out my sweet Lightbox Giveaway if you haven’t already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I could see her in her old country days too! I hope she touches that again in her next album;) It would be brill! x

      Delete
  15. Wow! I'm so happy for you!!! :) I regret it that I didn't watch Taylor Swift's concert here in PH early this year. My friends went crazy about it too! :))

    Looking forward to see more of your posts. Do you have an instagram account? Maybe we could follow each other. Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me a request. I'll follow back :) Thanks!

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in Phillipines! I've always wanted to visit! I'm sure one day you will get to see her though, next time she will be even more amazing! I do have an Instagram (@hollyoc2) however I only really follow people I know, but I'm kind of making the exception for other bloggers who are giving me support on this blog so I would be happy to follow you or anybody else who asks! x

      Delete
  16. So happy that you had the opportiunity to join the concert! Looks like you had lots of fun ♥
    xx Alina
    thelittlediamonds.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! I had a great time! Thank you x

      Delete
  17. I loved your look for the concert - it was perfect!

    xx

    ReplyDelete