Thursday, 16 July 2015

The Faults of Love


Love is truly a many splendored things. It's actually such a powerful word as it stands for so much emotion and feeling. Love is definitely more than just a word. Love is so unconditional and it can come from just about anybody. Your Family, your friends and that one special person you focus a lot of it on. As a sixteen year old, I can't really relate to a romantic love relationship. I mean, sure, I've read my fair share of romance novels and most movies and plays these days have some sort of romantic interest in them but that's not really the same as a true experience. However, despite this fact, I still have a pretty strong perspective on love and why it is currently, in our society, being rejected, denied and misused. This isn't the way it has to be.

First of all, many people seem to reject the love given to them simply because they don't believe they are good enough. It's like that famous line from Stephen Chbosky's novel, "The Perks of Being Wallflower." :-

"We accept the love we think we deserve."

Many people in this day and age, especially in the teenage generation, have such low self esteems that we struggle to reach our full potential. By that I mean, we struggle to believe we are pretty amazing... and amazing people deserve to be loved! Not only does our lack of belief that we aren't good enough for someone or even something, restrict us from happiness but it also mighty sucks on the receiving end. Imagine giving your love and affection to someone who feels YOU are too good for them and then being completely rejected. It would be pretty humiliating and distressing but it happens. The person might even feel the same about you but they are just simply too afraid of getting hurt and heartbroken. We all need to start communicating and being a bit more fearless. I'm not saying hearts won't be broken but why not step out of your comfort zone and share a bit of love? Why not just go for it and find out? You never know until you try!


However, love is also constantly being denied. I'm not talking about your partner or your friend leaving you, or you pulling apart from a love you once had. I'm talking about other people restricting YOUR right to love, because they don't believe it's "right". Everybody deserves to love and be loved. Love has no labels and love isn't restricted to just "certain types of people". It doesn't matter what gender, skin colour, race, religion, age or ability you have or are, we can all still love one another. We are all the same - just normal human beings and love brings happiness no matter who is receiving it! If you want to love someone of a different ethnic group or someone of the same gender then that is your right. Never let anybody tell you that your love is wrong. Love can never be wrong. It's the only thing we can be certain on in this world!


Finally, I feel like the heavy word of "Love" is often misused, especially in my generation. We seem to throw the word love around like its a simple "Hello" these days. I'm not saying that throwing love in every direction isn't a bad thing. Quite frankly, if everybody showed love to everyone, the world would be a happier place, but love is much more than a word. I feel the word love is so strong and important that when it's used too often, it loses its important meaning. Saying "I love you" to someone should be from your heart. It should mean something to you. You can't just say the word, you need to continually show your affection, you need to be sure you will be truly dedicated to that person. You don't even need to use the word, you can share your love by simply making someone smile. There is so many different arcs of love, it's actually pretty breathtaking if we sit back and admire the view. Some people say love comes with a lot of baggage and in some ways that's true. There is probably going to be hardships and lots of ups and downs. It's the journey that counts though. Love can make you weak but it can also give you strength. All you need is love. It will always be something we find complicated but that's what makes it great. It's an unexpected adventure that's just waiting to happen!


Wishing you all find the love and happiness you deserve!

47 comments:

  1. Great post!
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post you are so talented I am obsessed with your blog<3 Do you want to support each other's blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you do so I can follow you right back x

    kisses

    http://www.theclosetelf.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much, it means a lot! I would love to, I'm always on your blog! :) x

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful and so incredibly true. Personally, I feel that many are attempting to give love to someone else before they 100% love themselves. To me, it's impossible to share love wholeheartedly, if you have not learned to love yourself.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so true! If you have the ability to love, then you just got to love yourself first! x

      Delete
  4. Lovely post! <3 You are a very talented writer. I particularly like your last paragraph. It's so true that love is often not used with the meaning it should be.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    -Lindsey
    www.have-clothes-will-travel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, it means the world to me! x

      Delete
  5. This is such a heartfelt moving post, I absolutely love your writing style and wise words. I really enjoyed reading this post and understood exactly where you're coming from, you can show love in a lot of ways, actions speak louder than just an "I love you" (although that can be really honest and raw at times). I definitely connect with that quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and in finally opening myself up I was able to give myself fully, flaws and all, because no one is perfect and it's those imperfections that make us unique. Love is a blessing, rooted in friendship, understanding, compassion, empathy, vulnerability and honesty and I genuinely wish that your heart will be touched by it and that you find it with someone who deserves it. xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the sweetest thing! I'm so glad you liked it, I was a bit weary with sharing posts like this, it makes me a little vulnerable speaking straight from my mind but I think this is what I do best. I'm so pleased you are finally opening up, I still have a little way to go first but I'm learning! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  6. great post :) Have a nice day!

    http://itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a heartwarming post - i agree with everything you've written! loving yourself is really hard, but i think if you learn to forgive yourself for things, it becomes easier to accept the love that people around you show. that's what i learnt, anyway. this is a really positive post though! glad to see people talking about love instead of things they hate!

    Elena | Itchy Bones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elena! That's a brilliant idea, the hardest person to forgive is yourself but if you can't do it, no one else will! x

      Delete
  8. Such a great post!

    http://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's very beautiful and inspiring. Actually impressing by such a young girl like you! Keep on writing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! That's a pretty huge compliment! x

      Delete
  10. So beautifully written and well said. Thank you for sharing.

    Chelsea
    Ginger Side of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thanks! You are super welcome! x

      Delete
  11. Love is such a powerful and dangerous emotion. When you think of all the jealousy, hurt, pain and hate it can cause, it's a scary thing indeed. It can be so hard to just let go and love. It's such a vulnerable position to be in.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super scary and I completely agree! But, if you never risk it, you could be missing out on great things! :) x

      Delete
  12. Lovely post, your writing is fantastic and very empowering.

    I love your blog!

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. now there is still hope for the world when people still make up their mind about love and then put their thoughts into well written words on a blog.
    I am 36 already, and I feel like love had a different meaning back when I was your age. Or other, didn't have a different meaning, but was used in a different way,

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my word, what a compliment! Haha, Thank you so much, it means a lot! I truly believe that may be the case, if it's for better or for worst, I don't really know but I guess I have very little choice in the matter. We just got to make it work:) x

      Delete
  14. Such a beautiful post! Everyone deserves to love & be loved! :)
    Love makes the world go round! :)

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. you write beautifully holly. so inspiring! x

    theleeday.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post

    http://styleofzion.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  17. So amazing inspirational post.
    I don't know where your getting that but I bet to say your creative and wonderful.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post is so cute and inspirational!

    - Ellie Xx

    @thatweirdoellie

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a wonderful, deep and powerful post! I enjoyed reading this- what a breath of fresh air x

    http://increddyble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. such an amazing post.. you're a really great blogger!!
    xoxx Emili

    http://emilixoxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so true, i can relate to your words here c:
    x
    http://diaryofseresha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete